Create a balcony you won’t want to leave with these gorgeous ‘shop the looks’, designed to make it a breeze decorating your outdoor space this summer.
When decorating your home it can be easy to focus solely on the interior and forget about your balcony, garden or patio. But with the summer months fast approaching it has never been a better time to focus on your balcony decor.
Knowing how to decorate a balcony can be tricky. But with these ‘shop the look’ cheat sheets the process will be a whole lot easier.
Ideas for your balcony decor
This article may contain affiliate links. This means I receive a small commission if you purchase through one of these links at no extra cost to you. Click here for more information.
Look 1 – boho sanctuary
Create a haven you won’t want to leave with these gorgeous boho pieces.
This look is all about layering textures. A statement rattan armchair will create a perfect focal point. Dress the rest of your balcony around this stunning piece. Layer the chair with cushions and throws for optimal comfort and don’t forget to pop a rug underneath. Bring in lots of plants to really bring the look to life (some Ivy will look great).
If space is no issue treat yourself to a hammock you will NEVER want to get out of. And don’t forget the candle and lanterns. They will create a cosy atmosphere when the evening rolls in.
- 01. IKEA – RISHOLMEN Wing chair
- 02. H&M – Small Outdoor Side Table
- 03. The White Company – Finmere Lantern
- 04. Amazon – KAHEIGN Hanging Seagrass Planter Basket
- 05. B&Q – GoodHome Kisiria Tasselled Black & off-white Cushion
- 06. Anthropologie – Celma Indoor/Outdoor Pillow
- 07. B&Q – GoodHome Kisiria Crochet stitch Grey Square Pouffe
- 08. IKEA – ALTAPPEN Floor decking
- 09. Urban Outfitters – Boho Fringed Hammock
- 10. Wayfair – Flatweave Black Rug
Look 2 – Vibrant Geometrics
Create an energetic outdoor space with lively colours and fun patterns.
If you are not afraid of adding some colour to your balcony this look is perfect for you. Similar tones of blue and yellow ensure this bold look stays cohesive and stylish.
The gorgeous bar table is perfect for smaller spaces and is ideal for casual dining or having friends over for drinks. Add a geometric rug underneath and a cool table light on top to really make it pop.
Bench seating is ideal if you don’t have space for an outdoor sofa as they tend to be smaller in size. Make it more comfortable with some cushions and seat pads.
And don’t forget the accessories. Choose pieces with simple shapes and bold colours.
- 01. Habitat – Ipanema 2-Seater Bar Bistro Set
- 02. Habitat – Plastic Woven Outdoor Rug
- 03. IKEA – FÖRENLIG Watering can
- 04. IKEA – MONSTERA DELICIOSA Potted plant
- 05. Made – Baloo Set Of 2 Planters
- 06. West Elm – Winding Maze Indoor/Outdoor Cushion
- 07. John Lewis & Partners – Plain Garden Cushion, Sea Blue
- 08. Kave Home – Tea Table Lamp
- 09. Habitat – Indu 3-Seater Metal Bench